How to know my own windows 8 or 8.1 product key:[find your windows 8 product key]

How do I find my Windows 8 Product Key?


A common problem among windows users... A situation may arise when  you need to perform a clean installation of windows 8 ,8.1 . But if somehow you have lost the windows 8 product key.
Or sometimes when you buy new PC ,it comes with a pre-installed window so what will you do to find your windows 8 product keyHow to know the product key of your windows 8 or 8.1.

As a normal user you all might have gone through these steps in order to find your windows 8 product key.  
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System

How do I find my Windows 8 Product Key?

and after that by clicking on 'view details on windows activation'  you would have got your windows current product key.
But here is a problem again , windows 8 or 8.1 only shows the last 4 digit key remaining are hidden for security and privacy purpose.
How do I find my Windows 8 Product Key?


So how to get my Windows 8 Product Key?

Here is a simple way to know your own product key just by doing a single click. In addition to it you can also save the full activation detail in a text file.

Download the script:  Showkey.zip

After downloading the above file extract it in a folder using win-zip or winRAR and  run it.
How do I find my Windows 8 Product Key?

A notification box will open up showing windows key information  including the details-

  • Product name
  • Product id
  • And Installed key

To save the windows key information click on 'yes'.
How do I find my Windows 8 Product Key?


A text will will be saved in the folder where your have extracted the 'Showkey.zip' script.

Enjoy!!
Leave your feedback and comment. Also like bloggerpooint facebook page for more updates.

Vishal Mahato

Vishal Kumar is 21,young blogger and designer with strong passion.He usually hangs out in twitter tweeting his blog post realted links. If you use Facebook actively he can be great friend there and don't forget add to Google+ too.If you have any question feel free to write and him to Gtalk. It is beautiful way to get contact directly!

No comments :